Sunday, April 15, 2012

BBQ Chicken Soup ~

OK so my youngest Jaelynn will not eat anything hardly. So I'm always trying to find something she will eat other than Pizza. I can get her to eat a little but she will not eat a lot at all. So these recipes are inspired by her.

Left over BBQ chicken soup.
I was looking online for left over BBQ chicken Recipes and I came across one that seemed really good. However I changed a lot of it to fit what I had on hand. Here it is I hope you enjoy.



5    boneless chicken breast cut up.
1    can chicken broth
2    sticks of celery (chopped)
1    Red bell pepper (chopped)
1    green bell pepper (chopped)
1    can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
1/2  Med onion (yellow)
1/2  BBQ sauce
1/2  tsp. Honey
1/2  a box whole wheat Penne Noodles ( Do not add noodle till soup is almost done)
Pepper to taste. ( I always use whole peppercorn freshly ginded)
Add enough water to cover everything

Cut chicken and all your veggies add to crock pot. Pour chicken broth and enough water to cover.
If in a hurry cook on high heat until desired readiness. Allot of this is taste every time I stirred I tasted the soup and added what I thought was needed. I ended up adding almost a cup in a half of BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment